Basic Floral Wreath Tutorial

5:35 AM

A wreath that make your calligraphy stand out!


Hello guys!

So in this post I will give you a super-easy tutorial to make a Basic Floral Wreath. Well, when I started to learn calligraphy, I realized that you can't just show your beautiful writing(even for some people, it can, this is just my opinion). You need something to make it beautiful and stand out, and make people love seeing your calligraphy.

And I found out that with a wreath, even a simplest one, can make a BIG difference!

At first I gathered reference from many calligraphy and watercolor artist, and finally I dared myself to make my own floral wreath after many practices. The result is not bad, I even proud of myself because after that I can paint wreath/floral objects beside my calligraphy without looking any reference.

This time I will share to you, how to make a Basic Floral Wreath.




How to Make it


First, draw a circle shape with your pencil. You can use a compass to make a perfect circle, but for me, a cereal bowl can do.


After that erase your circle--don't erase it all! Softly erase it, leave a thin circle that visible to your eyes, but will not be noticed after painted with watercolor.


Next, make a rose with a color you like(in here I use soft pink). Begin with a half circle shape,



Add another shape until it become a complete rose. Paint another rose, make sure there is some space between them.


This is how it looks when we're done with the roses. 


Fill the space between roses with leaves. Make an ellipse shape with green color, make sure you follow the circle path you made before. 


Add more leaves until all the space filled.



This is how it looks after we finished. You may stop in this step, but if you want to add a special touch to your wreath, follow the next step.


Choose a darker green color, and with that, draw a thin curve lines between the leaves. You can place it everywhere you feel it fit.


This is what it looks like after you add a small twigs.


For a final touch, add a small red petal shape at the point of each twigs.


Aand we're done! Your wreath is ready!

You may write your calligraphy inside it with a match color, or black. Or you can draw animals, anything that connects with nature theme. Here, I write a quote in brown color.


If you think this is useful, I will make other tutorials! And if you have questions about this tutorial, feel free to ask in comment section below! Thank you very much for stopping by and read this post. See you in the next post!


Sincerely


Sita.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe