My Art Supplies

1:02 AM

I think this is the perfect time to post about artsy things.


Which I will begin with, a review of my (current) art supplies. Enjoy!

So a week ago I bought a new watercolor. And because of my part-time job, I almost have no time to practice with my new watercolor. Luckily, I have no plan for this weekend--I'm totally painting by the whole morning!



Let me begin with 

1. Simbalion Watercolor Cake 36 Colors

sorry about those color mess :P I'm really not a neat person
This is the watercolor I've talked about. I actually confused which one to buy between Koi Sakura or this one. I already saw the painting results with Koi, which is very beautiful, and that make me (almost) decide to buy Koi Sakura instead

But, again, I think about the price. Koi is a bit expensive to me to be honest.

And eventually I bought Simbalion. I did a few research about it before buy. And the artworks using them is awesome!

Now we get to the review. The package reminds me of eyeshadow palette. It has a white container for the paints, including a small brush in it. It written in the package that the lid can be removed, and can be used as a palette to mix color.

The problem is the lid has a clear plastic color, and I'm not comfortable using it to mix color (I have to buy white palette)

It has various colors, from bright until soft ones. From the looks, I think it will had a strong color instead of pastel,but I was wrong!

This is the first painting I draw using the watercolor.

I'm surprised by how transparent and soft the colors are. It somehow gives pastel looks, which I like so much. The best part is, it's easy to mix colors there. I don't even need palette to mix. Just put some drop of water in one color, brush it, and you can brush it again to the other color you want to mix. Easy, and the result is very nice.

Simbalion is actually a very great option for the one who wants to practice painting. I totally recommend it

2. Koi Sakura Water brush & Sharpie Stained Brush pen

plus a little vintage notebook :P
The next items are my waterbrushes. They are from Koi Sakura, and I have them for a long time. Some people said that Kuretake and Pentel Aquash are better, but I have no problem using Koi Sakura. The idea of having a waterbrush came across my mind, when I saw a calligraphy process video using it. At that time I think, why don't I have one? 

Using waterbrush is very efficient. You don't need to wet your brush by dip it to water several times--all you need to do is just squeeze the water container and voila! The water will wet the brush tip, making it moist all the time.

Waterbrush + watercolor cake is very good pair, but it actually can be use with a normal watercolor. Just put some watercolor to your palette, and wet it with your waterbrush. Start painting. Easy and efficient!

Having a waterbrush, to complete it we need a brush pen. 

Mine is Sharpie Stained black. I barely use it, (I like doing calligraphy with watercolor) I only use it when I need a quick and simple calligraphy. Brushpen is useful when I need to write simple quotes or a birthday card.

Like this one, for example.

excuse my messy composition
I used to do it with brush and ink, but I'm a total dumb, my elbow often accidentally push my ink bottle, and it blackened my whole paper. Great. But with this brushpen, no more black paper and messy ink drops!

That's all I can write about my art supplies. I hope you find it useful to consider what art supplies you should buy. My opinion is, art is not about expensive and fancy brand, but about commitment and practice. Using cheap art supplies doesn't make your art looks bad. If you think your art looks bad, that means you need more practice. Don't blame your tools for your fools (wow that ryhmes)

Keep practicing and you will know you doing it right




Sincerely


Sita



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe